Jan 23, 2022
Award: Associate in Applied Science
Program Location: Fort Omaha Campus, Sarpy Center, South Omaha Campus, Online
The Associate in Applied Science - Information Technology (AASIT) option is a highly-flexible degree option comprised of one or two career certificates and additional INFO core classes. Certificates may be stacked together to best fit student educational or career goals. It is strongly recommended that AASIT students work closely with an advisor as soon as possible to lay out a pathway to success.
Note: Option and Additional requirements must be a minimum of 58.0 credit hours and a maximum of 67.5 credit hours when combined to meet the total credit hours required for completion.
General Education: 22.5
Major Requirements: 13.5
Option & Additional Requirements: 58.0 - 67.5
Total credit hours required: 94.0 - 103.5
Major Requirements for Information Technology
Option Requirements for Associate in Applied Science - Information Technology
Complete one of the following Level I Career Certificates (27 - 36 credit hrs.)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Career Certificate (ITCCC) 27.0 credit hrs.
- Information Technology Technician Career Certificate (TETCA) 31.5 credit hrs.
- Web Development Level I Career Certificate (WDCCI) 27.0 credit hrs.
- Mobile Application Development Career Certificate (MBDCC) 36.0 credit hrs.
- Administrative Technology Career Certificate (ADTCC) 29.0 credit hrs.
- Instructional Design Technology Career Certificate (ITDCC) 28.0 credit hrs.
- Database Administration Career Certificate (DBACC) 36.0 credit hrs.
- Data Science Career Certificate (DASCC) 31.5 credit hrs.
Additional Requirements for Associate in Applied Science - Information Technology
Complete an additional Level I certificate from the Option Requirements above or a Level II certificate from the list below or additional INFO courses.
Note: Students may not use the same course to satisfy more than one degree requirement.
Level II Career Certificates
- Systems Operations Career Certificate (SOPCC) 31.5 credit hrs.
- Data Center Technician Career Certificate (DCTCC) 31.5 credit hrs.
- Server Administration Career Certificate (SVACC) 31.5 credit hrs.
- Web Technologies Level II - Programming Career Certificate (WPCII) 36.0 credit hrs.
- *The Web Technologies Level II Programming certificate is designed to be completed after the Web Development Level I Certificate. Due to pre-requisite requirements, the Web Development Level I certificate must be completed prior to completing the Web Technologies Level II Programming certificate.
- Digital Technology Career Certificate (DGTCC) 27.0 credit hrs.
- *The Digital Technology Level II Certificate is designed to be completed after the Level I Administrative Technology Certificate. Due to pre-requisite requirements, the Administrative Technology Level I certificate must be completed prior to completing the Digital Technology Certificate.
Complete 31.5 - 36 credit hours from the INFO prefix
Associate in Applied Sciences General Education Requirements (22.5 credit hours)
The following are General Education requirements for an Associate in Applied Sciences degree (AAS). Students may not use the same course to satisfy more than one degree requirement.
1 Course 4.5 credit hrs.
Select English Level 1 course from the list of Communication General Education courses in the current course catalog.
1 Course 4.5 - 5.0 credit hrs.
Please check your degree program for recommended Math course.
Select 1 college level math course from the list of General Education math courses in the current course catalog.
*Based on the Math course you select, pre-requisites may be required.
Critical Thinking/Creativity & Social/Cultural Awareness
1 Course 4.5 credit hrs.
Select 1course from the list of Humanities or Social Sciences General Education course options in the current course catalog.
1 Course 4.5-6.0 credit hrs.
Select 1 course from list of Natural or Social Science General Education courses in the current course catalog.
*Students choosing a Social Sciences course to satisfy the Scientific Inquiry requirement should take a Humanities course to satisfy the Critical Thinking/Creativity and Social/Cultural Awareness competency.
Professionalism/Life Skills & Information Literacy
1 Course 4.5
Select one of the following courses.