Individuals can register:
- by calling the Contact Center at 531-622-5231
- in person with a MCC staff member in the Student Services office at any of the campus/center locations
- online using the student My Way portal (current or continuing students only)
Prospective students who wish to enroll at MCC should apply online at https://www.mccneb.edu/Prospective-Students/Enrollment/Apply-Now.aspx, or for more information regarding registration call the Contact Center at 531-622-5231.
Prospective students can access the current class schedule on MCC’s homepage to search for classes and check availability.
Students wishing to enroll in more than 25.0 credit hours need to meet with an academic advisor or advocacy or disability support services counselor to request permission. Generally, only students with a 2.5 or higher G.P.A. for the preceding quarters or demonstrated academic success are permitted to carry more than 25.0 credit hours.
Students are responsible for making any changes in their class schedule. All schedule changes are subject to College procedures, refund policies, and deadlines at all times.
MCC New Student Orientation welcomes and introduces students to College services and programs that support their educational and personal goals. Orientation provides information for a “smart start” that includes; information on academic programs, advising and course scheduling, paying for college, campus safety, student support services, and tips for student success. Students can opt register for and participate in a group orientation format offered quarterly at four locations. Online students and students who are unable to attend on campus, can complete the online Orientation located in the Student Resources section of the MCC main website. The free online orientation consists of six video segments and contains an embedded quiz and survey. With the successful completion of the quiz and survey, students will have the orientation noted on their non-credit record. For more information, go to mccneb.edu/Prospective-Students/Resources/MCC-Student-Orientation.aspx.
Online registration via MyWay/My Services
A username and password are required to access online registration. All students can obtain username and password help at the Password Station online at mccneb.edu/password if needed.
1. Visit mccneb.edu and click MyWay to access the portal.
2. Enter email@example.com and password to log in.
3. Click My Services for Students.
4. Click Registration (for express registration, students need the course synonym or course number from the credit course schedule located on the homepage).
For assistance with online registration and other online services, students can visit a MyWay Center located at one of MCC’s campus/center locations.
My Services include:
- academic evaluation (degree audit)
- account summaries by quarter
- address change form
- financial aid information
- grades and class schedules
- option to drop classes
- payment options
- registration for credit and noncredit classes
- requests for official transcripts
- student planning
Call 531-622-5231 (toll-free 800-228-9553).
- Have your student ID number ready.
- Have course and section numbers or course synonym numbers available (found on the course schedule on the MCC home page).
Change of Registration
The College provides specific timelines each quarter to change schedules. The following guidelines apply to course registration changes:
- Many courses allow late registration, but the dates and process varies by program and courses. Please contact the Academic Dean’s office based on the course.
- Refunds vary based on the start date of the course and the date that the class is dropped. Please check the Important Dates link in the credit class schedule (https://mcccatalog.mccneb.edu/Pages/Home.aspx) to see the last day that you can drop your class without a charge. MCC’s refund policy is a full refund until 2/11th of the course sections have met. After 2/11th of the sections have met, no refund is given and a withdraw (W) from the course is reflected on their transcript.
- Students may withdraw from a course any time prior to the last day to drop a class section.
- Withdrawing from a course within the designated drop period results in a W, which is recorded on the student’s permanent record.
- Failure to withdraw from a class may result in the assignment of an F grade to the student’s permanent record.
- Schedule changes are the responsibility of the student. Non-attendance does not constitute an official withdrawal or relieve a student of the financial obligation of tuition.
- F-1 international students should contact International Student Services before dropping below 12 credit hours.
- Students receiving financial aid are advised to confirm their program of study and eligible coursework before making registration changes. All changes must be complete before the census date of the quarter to be included in eligible credits for financial aid.
Schedule changes are the responsibility of the student. The changes must follow College procedures, refund policies, and deadlines at all times. Academic advisors and/or the Contact Center are available to assist students with schedule changes.
The College may find it necessary to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment or other extenuating circumstances. Whenever possible, the course is canceled prior to the first class meeting, and the students are notified. Students enrolled in a canceled course receive a full refund.
Books and Materials
Students are expected to obtain books, supplies, and materials needed for classes. In addition, some programs require the purchase of special items (tools, a camera, etc.). A complete listing of special costs is available at the campus bookstores or online at mccneb.edu/Prospective-Students/Resources/Bookstore.aspx. Students can also explore the textbook exchange at mccneb.edu/bookexch.